Sleep Like a Dream by Treating Sleep Apnea in Foster City
Up to 18 million people in the U.S. have sleep apnea, with up to 4 million suffering from severe sleep apnea. Source.
Are you tired of waking up feeling groggy and dreading facing the day? Have you been told you snore a lot? If this sounds like you, you could be suffering from sleep apnea in Foster City. The good news is, you’ve come to the right place. We have helped many sleep apnea patients enjoy better rest. With our treatment using a custom oral appliance, you could:
- Wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
- Get out of bed with a purpose
- Quiet your noisy snoring so you and your bed partner both sleep better
- Help prevent serious health concerns like heart attacks and strokes
Call Stephen R. Henry, DDS today at 650-718-8087 to schedule a consultation. Get the help you need from a team with sleep apnea experience you can trust. You’ll find our office conveniently located on Foster City Boulevard, with easy access from Highways 92 and 101.
Find Relief With a Sleep Apnea Appliance
Obstructive sleep apnea (the most common type) is not a condition to take lightly. Left untreated, it can contribute to several major health concerns, including high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attacks, and strokes. If you’re experiencing symptoms of sleep apnea, we urge you to have a sleep study performed as soon as possible. If you need direction on how to get this done, our team will be glad to help.
When an episode of sleep apnea occurs, your air passage is temporarily blocked by your tongue and other soft tissues in the back of your throat. You’ll stop breathing for a few seconds before your brain wakes up your body to take in more oxygen. Then you fall back asleep, usually without any knowledge this event has happened. This cycle can repeat itself dozens of times per hour in those with severe sleep apnea.
Dr. Henry can have a custom sleep apnea appliance made that will rest in your mouth while you sleep. It will gently move your lower jaw forward to help keep your airway open. The result will be better sleep and more energy for your day. A sleep appliance often works wonders for patients who have tried CPAP treatment but didn’t like it.
Compared to a CPAP, an appliance is:
- Less Disruptive – There’s no noise, tubing, or mask to interfere with your rest or bother your partner.
- Easier to Maintain – You simply wash your appliance with mild soap and water. Unlike a CPAP, you don’t have to disassemble anything or switch out parts.
- Portable – It’s easy to travel with your sleep appliance. It’s small enough to fit into a purse or pocket. It’s so unobtrusive, you can use it anywhere.
To treat your sleep apnea in Foster City, call Stephen R. Henry, DDS today at 650-718-8087. You can also request an appointment online for a sleep apnea consultation or if you need a routine checkup.